Saturday, March 28, 2015

John Folske: Exceptional leader of our time

This is a late, but a necessary post.

For the last 4 years I have had the distinct honor to serve with John Folske on the East China School District board of education. We did not always agree on the issues, but at the end of the day there was no one more honest or candid than Mr. Folske. Mr. Folske is a modest man and if you asked him what he likes to do best he'd say work hard and spend time on the farm.

There's no doubt that he had an impact on me and how I think of things on the board. I never felt uncomfortable picking up the phone and just saying "Hey, what do you think about this?" He was always straightforward and honest.

Mr. Folske was not afraid to stand up and vote no. At times he was the lone wolf with me. He voted for an open process for Riverview East High School and was the other vote against closing an elementary school.

If there is one thing I will never forget about Mr. Folske it is how he fought day in and day out for each and every single one of our students. He has volunteered countless hours as a Palms Elementary lunch buddy, he served his country in the military and not to mention the hundreds of games that he has reffed!

That was really what I saw Mr. Folske do at times on the board he served as the ref. He cooled tensions, and overall was an exemplary example of community service.

I will sincerely miss serving with this man and may God Bless him in his endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment