Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What role I will play as your next school board member

As your next school board member, there are many things that I will try to accomplish and be an advocate for. Our students will always be my main focus on the school board, because they ultimately determine their own success or failure. I will fight to make sure that their voices are heard on the school board and that they are not ignored.

I will fight for the voices of parents and residents as well that want their tax dollars spent wisely. I will make sure that there is transparency in the school budget and I will make sure the tough questions are asked. I will talk with parents and go to PTO Meetings in the district I will face any questions that are posed to me and my views. We need someone who will listen to others and their views and take action.

Also I will fight for the people who are at the front lines everyday fighting for our students, and those are our teachers and other staff that help support them. I can tell you this about East China School District school teachers and that is they work their hearts out every single day for their students and that's one very important thing we need to fight to keep. I have talked to many teachers and there is one thing for sure, they are working hard for the good of the students. As a student I also have been through that as well whether it was a teacher, parent, counselor, and other staff have fought for me. As your next school board member I will fight for them.

Another role that I think is the most critical and will ensure our school district success is to communicate with the community and keep them informed on what's going on. As your next school board member I will continue to go to meetings and not just as I am running or want something, but also be informed.

As your next school board member I would have the ability to do these things and be a fresh voice, and a new leader so please look around learn more about this race and I hope I can count on your support as your next school board member.

No comments:

Post a Comment